Is this guy everyone’s favorite Orr what?

Madison County’s High School experience would be nothing without their electives.  I may be a little biased when I say this but audio video tech, among all the electives, stands alone as a unique creative pillar in our school. These pillars of creativity are important for a full education experience. They are vital for giving students the opportunity to artistically express themselves. Some students respond well to creative classroom environments compared to a traditional classroom experience, and providing these opportunities is something we, as a generation of students, take for granted the amount of discovery opportunities we have in our schools compared to older generations.  I think other students would agree that the best part about audio/video-tech is not the class itself, it is Mr. Orr. He is what gives the class the energy and atmosphere that we all love. Along with being a great teacher, he is a saintly person, among one of the easiest teachers to talk and connect with. To give Madison County more opportunities to connect with this silly guy, here is a Q & A with everyone’s favorite AV teacher:

Where did you grow up and go to school? 

Long ago and far away, there was a place called Winder, Georgia. It wasn’t named after anything interesting, just a man with the last name Winder — which doesn’t seem like anyone’s last name. John. John Winder. That’s where I’m from. Winder. I don’t think that John grew up there, though.

Where did you go to college?

Where did you go to college? University of Georgia. It smells bad on game days.

What got you into film? 

Watching movies and wondering how they were made. And watching movies about people making movies. Plus you never get too old to want to play pretend — you just get old enough to deny it.

Plus you never get too old to want to play pretend — you just get old enough to deny it.

— Clint Orr

Why did you decide to become a teacher? 

Insurance and summers off.

Why did you originally choose to teach English Language Arts?

I’ve always liked to read, and I fancy myself a writer. Teaching ELA made me a better writer.

Why did you switch to film education?

This is a question written by someone who has never taught seventh graders. Film is a hobby that turned into a career. Anyone that gets a chance to make that leap should never have a second thought about it. 

What’s your favorite part about the class you teach? 

The excitement and imagination of the kids that I teach.

From the big projects you and your class made, what is your favorite?

Everyone likes the Scooby Doo thing from last year the most. My favorite is something that we finished but never put out for people to watch. The Laughing Marauder. It was fun to make, funny to watch, and… yeah. It will see the light of day at some point or another.

What kind of projects can Madison expect from the level 3?

MCTV and more short films. Whatever the students want to do.

What was your favorite year you’ve taught at Madison County?

Last year was the best, but this year is shaping up to top it. Hopefully?